Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whiskey Shots

So....we got a dog. What kind of dog, you ask? A three-legged one. So here's the story....
Our friend J. was in Arizona, shadowing a vet at the Humane Society. J is in vet school. She called me up and asked, "hey - do you want a three-legged puppy?" I gave the appropriate answer....."Maybe.....". So, after a lot of details, J flew to Saint Paul with the puppy, and then we drove J back to Madison. I realize that there are puppies to be adopted here in the Twin Cities, but this just happened. I promised everyone pictures and updates of the little Whiskey girl, especially J and her parents, who fostered her for a week and became very attached to her.
She's about 10 weeks old - I put her next to a beer bottle for size comparison. You can also see that there is a leg missing. Apparently, someone dropped her off at the Humane Society in Phoenix with duct tape on her back leg. When the vet took it off, all the skin and fur came off, and her leg bones were all broken and sticking through the skin. So, off it came. They spayed her while they were at it. What a deal!
We really don't know what kind of dog she is. Here are some of the ingredients people have suggested so far: Australian Shepard, Jack Russel Terrier, Corgi, Regular Terrier, Collie, and Pit Bull. Feel free to add your own suggestions.
More to come - but I promised I would get some shots of her out.

6 comments:

Sarah Jewel said...

She's darling! Congrats on the new arrival! :D She does look a bit like an Aussie/Pit mix.

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Cute! She's so cute! And she's so lucky to have you.

Momcat said...

I think she's totally adorable- not just a little bit adorable, you understand, but TOTALLY adorable!
I would caption the picture with the beer bottle "Whiskey in the Jar".
Maybe she's some kind of minature Husky mix. Lokk at her face in repose. Just a wild thought.
Momcat

Pidge said...

What a precious pup!
And how lucky she is to have Mags & Brandon for her people!!
The shave job for her surgery is frighteningly symmetrical - her hind quarters look like her surgeon had lots of whiskey - hence the name?
I'm eager to meet her -
Has she met Solo yet?
love to all -

amy.t said...

ohmygosh!
she is too cute with all her puppyness!

Jessica said...

oh god I miss that little girl! I love the pic of brandon and her and the snow man.